Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Misc Stuff 7/1/14

Lately I haven't been writing stuff.  I'm thinking if I run into a useful link, I'd post it to share.  And maybe those links might get higher search rankings on google and bing since I'm linking them.

I recently found a very detailed write-up on how to automate WYSIWYG editors through Selenium.  One of the hard things about automating these full featured text editors is they tend to have lots of complicated elements to them, such as iFrames, divs with custom javascript that don't lend it self to normal send key events, and hidden elements where you may or may not know the side effects of working with them.

http://yizeng.me/2014/01/31/test-wysiwyg-editors-using-selenium-webdriver/

This guide does a very detailed break down of how you can automate entering content into these WYSIWYGs.

No comments: